Maybe We Need the Advice?

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Who Am I?

It was almost 4 years ago now and it seems like such a short time ago now...my job was eliminated. Gosh...you would have thought that "I" was eliminated!! Why did I care so much, I said I wanted to retire at 62. So I got my wish. Ready or not...there it was. So I found out something very important.

YOU CAN TAKE ME OUT OF THE JOB...BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE JOB OUT OF ME!

There it was! What on earth was I going to do with the rest of my life? I wasn't ready to retire.
So who cares...I was OUT! So, now what??

Somehow, I had to get some order in my life - so I set up my "home office" and started looking for ways to make some cash. Keep in mind that I didn't have money to travel and live the life of leisure like all the literature says. I had some cash for retirement, but believe me, not nearly enough. And forget about traveling, now I'm just trying to pay my mortgage.

Ok, now I've tried about everything - including looking for work. After all, I could always answer phones for a living. Oh, really? Guess again. Now I have to face the fact that "they" all think I'm too old. But shhhh, because we can't say that!!

No comments: